Hotel & Resort Management Catered to You
Not all hotel management companies are like Kokua. Our extensive experience in hotel and resort management, purchasing, finance, and information technology increases your revenue and results in memorable guest experiences.
Your property is unique, and Kokua is poised to share our know-how to address your specialties and your challenges so that you shine no matter what. From island resorts in the Bahamas, Aruba, Grand Cayman, and Hawaii to mainland resorts in Illinois, California, Florida, Colorado, and Arizona to golf and ski resorts nationwide, no one has more varied and extensive expertise in resort management and marketing.
Effective purchasing depends on insight, experience, and sound decision making. You can depend on the Kokua purchasing team to make the most of these for you. This means you get outstanding deals on many of your brand-dictated items because you leverage our long-standing vendor relationships and our national supplier network. We happily extend this purchasing power to you so you enjoy significant bottom-line savings with every transaction.
Let our purchasing team help you with:
- COUPA procurement program
- CapEx bidding
- Contract negotiations
- Competitive pricing
- List of preferred vendors
- Furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Guest amenities
- Office supplies
- Food and beverage purchasing
- Sales and marketing tradeshow purchasing
Measure every level of performance with our professional finance team. We can handle your operating forecasts, monthly cash flow projections, and ongoing financial reports that keep you well-informed and sleeping well at night.
Further, Kokua can help you directly monitor and oversee all cash management, financial statements, and supporting documents, and file all required tax reports—all while considering the unique financial needs of your individual ownership group.
Kokua’s financial professionals can help you with:
- Annual budgeting for existing hotels
- Prepare pre-opening expense budget and transition plan for new acquisitions
- Internal and operational audit
- Cash flow analysis
- Financial statements
- Begin processes for new acquisitions
- Prepare initial cost estimate for all operating inventories and initial cash reserves for transitions and acquisitions
- Define and develop the hotel credit policy in conjunction with key financial controls and standard Operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure all hotels are PCI compliant
- Establish all accounting SOPs to be followed by the property
Information technology (IT) is the foundation that welcomes customers to your world, and the first impression it makes matters. IT, along with your marketing efforts, drives your customers to your hotel website to learn about your property and make that reservation. In your guest’s mind, smooth and accessible technology is the first sign of a quality, well-managed hotel or resort.
At Kokua Hospitality, we know how important it is for hospitality operations to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to IT. And as the growing advances in IT continue reshape our business, you can count on the Kokua IT team to keep you ahead of the game.
Among our IT solutions are:
- PCI compliance monitoring
- Network firewall security
- Property Management Systems (PMS) - maintenance, install, and hardware support
- CRM platforms
- Point of Sale (POS) - maintenance, install, and hardware support
- Sales and catering platforms and solutions
- Payroll implementation
- Engineering management solutions
- Email administration, support, and implementation
- User support for computer hotel systems, purchase, and install of hardware and software
- Oversight of all property IT techs and all IT-related contracts
- Semi-annual IT on-site audits – by property
- End user – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) training